Preparing for your headshots
General Wardrobe Advice – Keep it simple!
The Business casual look.
- You’ll want to wear an outfit that makes you look and feel your best. Choose an outfit you would wear to an interview, or a sales pitch meeting, or if you were being interviewed on television.
- Darker jackets are traditional for business headshots.
- For shirts, wear solids or shirts with non-distracting subtle patterns.
- For women, a bright colored shirt/blouse with a dark jacket is a very nice look.
- Don’t wear all-white unless it’s underneath another article of clothing. (Exception: for women, white jacket + darker shirt underneath)
- Avoid very light pastel colors unless they’re combined with dark clothing.
- Strong stripes and patterns make a fashion statement and will be noticed – only wear these if it’s your personal style.
- Avoid shiny clothing, turtlenecks.
- Don’t wear all black – have some color in your outfit.
Bring a few tie options if this is the look you wish you have.
You’ll want to time any hair cuts, coloring, or styling so that you’ll look your best on the day of the photoshoot. You know your hair best! Keep in mind the date of our photoshoot when scheduling your hair appointments.
- Your makeup should be light and basic, as if you were going to a nice function. In many cases, less makeup is more classy. Bring your favorite lipstick and some powder if possible.
You should shave on the day of the session. We’ll retouch out any nicks or scratches if they happen to occur that morning. We can’t edit out stubble after the fact, so make sure your facial hair looks just right for the session.
Keep your jewelry simple and classy. We want the focus to be on you!
If you wear glasses every day, you should wear them in the photo. We can do photos with and without glasses if you like. If your lenses have anti-glare coating that is preferred, but we can work with it if not.
Note: if you have adaptive lenses that turn into your regular lenses into sunglasses, please let us know in advance so we can discuss your options. Adaptive lenses cannot be photographed outside